The Multimedia unit is responsible for the following:
Set up of data projectors and other multimedia equipment for classrooms as required.
Student requests must all be channeled through staff members.
Audio and video support for special events such as seminars, conferences, meetings, graduations, etc.
Audio and video documentary support for research. (photography, video, sound recording, etc)
Teaching students directly in the use of Multimedia equipment especially for the School of Journalism.Team Leader, User Services (vacant)
Team Leader, User Services (vacant)
• Ensuring all staff PCs and peripheral equipment are in good working order.
• Ensuring student lab PCs are in good working order.
• Setting up of Student network accounts
• Setting up of Staff network accounts.
Team Leader (vacant)
Back Office Systems – Administrative Systems
• Support the NUS Financial System, Attached which processes the NUS Staff payroll, student invoices, payments to creditors, and financial reports.
• Support the NUS Library System, Genie, which catalogues books electronically.
• Support the NUS Student Administration System, Artena (and Celcat and related Access Databases), which processes Student enrolment, exam results, and various reports.
• Email Systems – manage the NUS email system currently only available to staff.
• Network – manage the NUS network which allows staff and students to access the internet and staff and student file servers for information storage and retrieval.