Welcome to NUS Financial Services
Talofa lava and welcome to the financial services division of the National University of Samoa .The Financial Services division consists of three sub-sections: Finance /Printery and Bookshop / Gymnasium. Our Core responsibilities are to assist with all financial matters for the improvement of our services within the University to our Stakeholders.
Our Core Responsibilities:
Student Affairs: This sub-section is headed by the Senior Finance Officer (Student Affairs ) supervising the Student Affairs Officer and Cashier . Core responsibilities are issuing of invoices, receipting/banking of cash received and action approved student refunds
Issuing of invoices are for the following purposes:
- to register students during enrolment for fees payable for the corresponding semester using ARTENA System
- issuing of invoices from authorised invoice book to relevant ministries, companies and institutions for approved tuition sponsorships from them each semester.
- issuing of invoices for the use of university’s rental facilities (i.e.: Gym, conference rooms, Fale Samoa, Teaching facilities and Sports field)
Assets: This is supervised by the Finance Accountant with its Finance Officer (Assets) as team – leader supervising two Assistant Finance Officers (Assets). Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Assets physical labeling
- Assets system registration (Excel/ATTACHE)
- Prepares /submit assets report for all assets proposed for write-offs
- Coordinating auction for all assets approved for write-off (except Motor vehicles/Buildings)
Procurement: The Finance Officer (Procurement) ensures all invoices received must be supported by authorised purchase orders (POs) before processing payment vouchers (PVs) routing through the normal payment process .POs are signed every Mondays/Wednesdays while orders are cleared from suppliers every Tuesdays/Thursdays
Payments: Cheques will be issued for payments when a commitment has gone through the audit clearance and has met all financial requirements.
- Payments in Person: Payments of Cash,Cheque or EFTPOS can be paid at our finance office , Ifilele Building.
- Online Payments: payments can go directly into the University’s bank account ,bank details can be found via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and receipts will be sent to ensure your payments have been processed accordingly .
- Payments via Credit Card: To access credit card payments individuals are to download and complete the NUS Credit Card form (please click on link below). Receipts of payments will be emailed when it has been processed.
NUS Credit Card Form
Payroll: Finance Officer (Payroll) and Assistant Finance Officer (Payroll) prepares two fortnightly payrolls in each consecutive week.
- Main payroll for NUS staff runs from Wednesday (after pay-day week) to Tuesday (10th working day). NUS Staff (i.e Academic &Comparable and General Staff ) salaries are available every Wednesdays of the Government pay-week.
- Payroll for Part –timers and casual workers runs from Mondays (non-Gov-pay week) to Friday (10th working day). Part timer and casual worker salaries are available for withdrawal every Fridays following the Government pay-week.
For further enquires please contact the following addresses:
Office of the Director: email: email@example.com
Phone Number: 20072 Ext 188
Assistant Finance Director: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number : 20072 Ext 176
Receivables and Student Affairs : email :email@example.com
Phone Number : 20072 Ext 391
Project Accountant: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number : 20072 Ext 391
Payments : email: email@example.com
Phone Number : 20072 Ext 364/361